One of the longest practicing companies focused solely on cybersecurity.
In 2001, our goal was to bring superior cybersecurity services to our clients. 100s of jobs & clients later, TDI can assert our goal is met.
We listen, think, find a solution, & work very hard to meet your needs. This is TDI’s way. Yet we only improve by also learning from you!
Provided cyber risk counsel to a Global Fortune 50 Board
Built 1st CIO cyber risk dashboard at U.S. Gov’t Department
Global development & deployment to >350 shipboard networks
Consult on museum, media, military, corporate & IGO hacks
Forged from TDI’s SW dev & cyber risk experience, work on famous hacks, global footprint, board-level engagement, & due diligence.
Our ecosystem, derived from a pedigree of services & products, delivers the connected world, especially IoT, a trusted score for cyber risk.
We embrace our purpose. We unite around each other and our clients. We commit without wavering.
Employees are our primary source of strength
Our clients deserve cybersecurity excellence and nothing less
Employees should enjoy their work, feel part of TDI, and share in its reward
It is our duty and an honor to give back to and participate in our community
Total access to senior management and openness with each other is a cornerstone to our success
Our work environment promotes and rewards employee initiative
Our well managed growth preserves our culture
We have a responsibility to contribute meaningfully to the field of cybersecurity, influence its evolution, and set the standard
“Lead people where they don’t yet know they need to be, risking with you.”
- Over 30 years’ senior-level business experience
- Executive VP & CTO CACI
- DoD SES Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
- Board Director SAIC, Alliant Energy, Bricata, Objective Interface Systems
- Advisory Board – IEEE Industry, Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering, George Mason Volgeneau School of Engineering, Tufts University Electrical & Computer Engineering, Washington CTO Roundtable Board of Directors
- Over 30 years’ experience in cybersecurity, risk management, HR, marketing, and related operations
- NASA Advisory Council, Member NACO, and Bayshore Networks Advisory Board
- (ISC)2 International Board of Directors, co-chairs the Audit Committee and serves on the Strategy Committee
- 2014 Government Computer News ‘Industry IT Executive of the Year’ & 2015 inductee into the Wash 100 by Executive Mosaic
- Over 30 years’ experience management consulting, strategic planning, and M&A support
- Board Member Eastpoint Analytics, Quotabelle, GovPlace, & JMU
- President Mantech MBI & McDonald Bradley
- Chair of Teardrops to Rainbows and advisor to Bite Me Cancer
- Provided guidance to CEO of TRS Consulting in strategic sale to NCI
- Senior Advisor Suntiva
- 25 years’ experience Cyber SME
- Published articles, lectured, conducted interviews
- Established & chairs White Hat
- Board Member JMU STEM EAC, Children’s Foundation Board, WashingtonExec’s Cyber Council, & Co-Chair of Children’s Corporate Advisory Council
- 25 years’ contracts, finance, IT, operations, facility security, HR/benefits, recruiting
- Harvard Applied Math and Econ degree
- Worked at Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- Personally consulted on dozens of cybersecurity engagements
- 20 years’ leading & delivering cyber services & solutions
- FedHealthIT Innovation Award winner
- Led $130M high-visibility AWS IaaS contract thru 2 federal healthcare open-enrollment periods & managed $11M DoD cybersecurity program
- Over 30 years’ experience supporting full-range of ICT projects including infrastructure operations, cyber security and software development
- Extensive background in managing P&L and revenue generation across multiple customer markets
- Managed numerous consulting engagements in support of key federal government programs
- 23 years’ working for Fortune 100 & 500 companies in a wide variety of global or multi-national roles
- Global consulting projects, knowledge management, operations, business continuity, & regulatory compliance
- 11 years management focused on creating new teams, capabilities and plans to achieve strategic objectives
- 30 Years’ IT and Cyber Leader across the DoD Portfolio
- Chief Information Officer, Naval Special Warfare Group
- Conducted global operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Djibouti, Bahrain, & Korea
- Managed risk of assets valued over $250M
Glancing at Excellence
Percentage of TDI’s Executive Team that carry DoD 8570 certifications
Percentage of the Executive Team that hold CISSPs and/or PMPs
different certifications received across the team
Percentage of TDI divisions run by PMPs
Letters of commendation from Smithsonian CIO, DEA CTO, IMF CISO, USDA FNS CISO, etc.
Speeches delivered & works published
Average experience for TDI employees
Percentage of TDI's cyber engineers with DoD 8570 certifications
Present in Our Community
At TDI, we serve our community in many ways, believing it our duty and honor.See Our Involvement
TDI is committed, financially & thru volunteering, to dozens of philanthropic causes, especially Children’s National.
To succeed is to participate. We believe strongly in freely sharing our expertise & our R&D work products with the cybersecurity community.
TDI partners with academic institutions fostering cybersecurity curricula & STEM, including sponsoring cyber programs at schools like JMU.
TDI’s very own Jesse Dean has been promoted to Vice President Solutions. After spending the past several years bringing to market CnSight, our Cybersecurity Situational Awareness platform, Jesse’s role is expanding to execute decisions faster; take on more control of his division’s profit & loss center and budget; and build his sales organization to ensure CnSight becomes a prolific solution.
TDI’s own CnSight Sr. Developer, Edward Koeller, recently published a Medium post where he talks about the importance of ensuring secure software and offers practical advice on how to achieve it as part as your CI/CD pipeline. The piece makes an argument for automating and integrating security into code pipelines to not only reduce long term costs but reduce organizational exposure to litigation by practicing due care.
TDI’s Sr. Director of Solutions Jesse Dean was published in Infosec Magazine, where he outlines a systemic problem hindering efforts to mature cybersecurity at many organizations. The piece sites new survey and research data showing, despite increases in cyber spend, attacks continue to rise by double digits – yet there is a way for organizations to improve their cybersecurity program by 20% or more! If we want to make meaningful strides in cyber, we need to change the paradigm from activity to achievement.
The USDA Financial Management Services agency has awarded TDI a Risk Management Framework support services contract to assess business application(s) security controls as part of their continuous monitoring program.
Become one of our team and change the future of cybersecurity.Join Us
Work where you can truly change the direction of cyber.
Innovate. Solve. Develop. Lead.
Be a part of something different, a culture focused on "We Can."
Our Contract Vehicles
Looking for a way to work with us – here’s a list of some of our contracts.
Speak with us about how we may improve the future of cyber together.